Monday, November 8, 2010

A farewell!

Throughout this journey, I have learned what it truly means to be a journalist. I have learned how to let go of the control I so desperately wish to hold on to and have found joy in just allowing the story to fold out magically in front of me. I have learned that people WANT to share their stories, bursting at the seams with narratives and insights. I have learned that a picture really does mean a thousand words. I have learned how empowering and inspirational it is for so many people to come together in a positive light. But, most importantly, I have found beauty in the unexpected buckets of mud that journalism often times throws at you, catching you off guard at every twist and turn. As reports, Molly, Max, and I were able to cover something that most viewers didn’t get the chance to see on their televisions in their cozy living rooms on September 31, 2010. We shared the happenings of the world Outside of the Gates at the Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart Rallies.

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me!
May you all fear for you freedoms and liberties while delegating the sane and insane things of today,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment